One of my favorite food trucks in Raleigh you may recognize - Pho Nomenal Dumpling Truck - winners of Season 11 of the Great Food Truck Race has always been my favorite truck in the area and inspired me to make this dish. Their pork and chives dumplings are always worth waiting in line for.
However pork isn't always the healthiest option - craving dumplings but unwilling to sacrifice my diet I found an alternative option.
These Turkey Potstickers, are a delicious dish that is great for dinner or parties (as this recipe makes 30-40 potstickers).
1/2 Head of Cabbage
1 Package Ground Turkey
1 Package of Won Ton Wraps
1/2 Container of Bean Sprouts
3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Cut up chives, bean sprouts, and cabbage into small, diced pieces.
2. Combine with ground turkey in a large bowl.
3. Add fresh squeezed lime juice & 3 tablespoons of soy sauce in mixture and stir.
4. Crack and stir an egg in a dish for an egg wash on your won ton wraps.
5. Egg wash each side of the won ton wrapper and fill with a tablespoon of turkey filling.
6. Pinch wraps on the edges and fold over, using a fork to close.
7. Lay wraps on a baking sheet and place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve in portions of 5 and serve with a side of soy sauce, duck sauce, or spicy mustard. These turkey potstickers will taste just as good as beef or pork and are filling enough for a full meal.
Let us know how this recipe works for you. It will definitely be on rotation at our home especially when planning a party.