Food: Spinach Salad with a Bacon Balsamic Dressing
Let's talk about Salad. I'm not a big salad lover but this is one of the best salad's I've ever had. Typically I can't eat spinach without it being incorporated into pasta or added to a sandwich but with this dressing I could eat this spinach easily and eagerly.
This salad is perfect for a side dish at your Easter or other holiday dinners or for lunch. Our suggestions. Make a big batch of the dressing and put in individual containers. Re-heat for 25 seconds in the microwave for lunch, or reheat on the stove for single servings.
THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
- 4 Tablespoons Midtown Olive Oil Aged Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Midtown Olive Oil Champagne Balsamic (or good red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Ultra Premium EVOO
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
Place spinach in a serving bowl.
Place maple balsamic, champagne balsamic, mustard, half the crumbled bacon, half the shallots, salt & pepper in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Gently warm while whisking-remove from heat before it reaches a simmer.
Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the EVOO to emulsify.
Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallots. Add pickled red onions to taste.