We believe in natural ingredients, simple food, and working with our hands to create delicious and healthy meals.
Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day which cannot be complete without some southern drop biscuits.
1 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
2 cups of flour
3/4 tsp of salt
4 tbsp butter - cold
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 450
2. Combine lemon juice and milk and let stand in fridge until needed
3. Combine flour with baking soda and salt
4. Once you combine your ingredients - add the butter, mixing it with your hands until it feels like sand.
5. Drop in the milk and stir until wet and sticky.
6. Flour your surface to which you will be kneading your dough and begin
7. Flatten it out with a rolling pin and start making your biscuits
8. Lay on tray - pop in oven for 8-15 minutes until golden brown and viola!
Drop biscuits in less than an hour.
I'm not a strong cook - I tend to fail in the kitchen when it comes to recipes as I tend to go off the grid a bit. Which ends up making the dishes pretty well - not so great.
So when I found a recipe for drop biscuits which only took a few ingredients I was anxious to get my hands in some dough.
Once you combine all the ingredients - make sure you spread enough flour on your baking surface so the dough doesn't stick to your table or your rolling pin.
Roll out enough dough so that you can cut out with cookie cutters or make circles with a butter knife as I did and lay the biscuits on the pan.
Stick them in the oven for -15 minutes until golden brown. Once you take them out rub the tops with butter. We use an olive oil infused butter - or you can always grab some farm fresh at the Local Farmer's Market. Slather with honey and enjoy.